Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Conclusion for Round 2 of Ripped in 30

99 ways of how to get more exercise
Well, I have now completed the second cycle of Ripped in 30. So I thought I would give you my final thoughts and my results.

I think that this was an excellent workout program and I do believe that if I had followed the meal plan that went with the video that my results would have been even more significant.

Why didn't I follow the meal plan? Well, I guess I have it in my head that since I already lost a ton of weight that I didn't need/want to lose any more. Which to some extent is true.

But the fact remains that parts of me still need to be leaned up and are still on the "soft/flabby" side.

The other reason.....well since I am still nursing the baby, I am really reluctant and afraid to cut back on any calorie intact. But truth be told, I think Dakota would benefit from healthier food choices from mama. And also, since she is now started on baby food. She is needing less and less calories from me. So......I admit.....weak excuse (but I love my excuses)

The real reason.....I love my sweets and wasn't ready to be rid of them. But I think I am more ready now. Don't know if I want to be rid of them entirely but I think I am ready to try.

So what is next? Well, I definitely had more trouble staying motivated to do the video the second time around and perhaps it is that I am board with it. But, I do like the idea of just working out for 30 minutes.....truth be told, it is about all the time that I can spare at this stage of my life. So, I decided to get a different video from Jillian Michaels called 30 Day Shred. It is due to arrive on Wednesday so I guess I will have a couple of days off! (yes, you can hear the glee in my voice!)

So the results:

03/07/11                            04/07/11                                        05/14/11
R bicep: 10 3/4"                10 1/2 "                                         11"
L bicep: 11"                       10 1/2"                                          11"
Hips: 37"                            37"                                               36 1/2"
Waist: 31"                          32"                                               32"
Legs: 21 1/2"                    21 1/2"                                          21"
Chest: 40                             --                                                 39"
Shoulders: 40"                   39"                                               40"
Weight: 157 lbs                153.4 lbs                                       151.4 lbs

So.....not huge changes all around, but I am still pleased for just 2 months of work. And like I said.....that is WITHOUT changing my diet. So I could only imagine what the results would be with that as well!

So, I will give you my first update on Wednesday for the new video.

How about you?  How did you do over the last month?  I would love to hear your thoughts.  What worked?  What challenges did you face?

No comments:

Post a Comment