It is with this in mind that I have now moved towards the Raising Rock Stars and You Can Read programs over at 1+1+1=1.blogspot.com She also includes bible verses, letter recognition and learning of the sight words. But she also shows you how to incorporate a Montessori style with sensory boxes and such. Carrisa has a wealth of information on her sight that I myself am only beginning to scratch the surface on. I hope to share a great deal more about this as we get further into the program.
For now, here are some pictures of Renae with the new program.
![]() |
| Renae still loves her activity binder and I catch her doing it without prompting |
![]() |
| This was one of the activities that we did with play dough to practice our sight words |
![]() |
| This was a big moment for Renae since this is the first time that she has been allowed to use scissors since the whole "hair cutting" incident |
![]() |
| After cutting up the scripture she placed it in order and then tapped it together. Then we sang "This little light of mine" and used the Popsicle stick props. Tons of fun. |
![]() |
| Color by word |
![]() |
| Site word bingo |
![]() |
| Color by number |







No comments:
Post a Comment